Saturday, June 25, 2011

As I was outside working on painting our porch swing this morning... I got to thinking about how things, like me, take time.  You hear the expression "I'm not perfect- but God isn't finished with me yet."
That's how restoring an old house is... it's not perfect- but we're not finished with it yet.  There are still SOOO many things that need to be done, redone.  But so much of the joy has come in the process- even the times when you can't WAIT for that part to be over... but once it's done, you forget all the work it took and you get to enjoy the beautiful results- the fruits of your labors.
It's a wonderful thing, really.  If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well.
I encourage you to enjoy the process- and remember- God isn't finished with you- or me- yet. :-)
xoxo.

No comments: